Saturday, January 29, 2011

1/12 of the way there!

 Hello everyone!  How are you all doing?  For anyone following along with this challenge, how was the first month?  That's right, the first month is over, can you believe it?

I think that January might be one of the harder months, just getting into the groove of the challenge, forming a new habit.  My January was full of ups and downs, and I know I didn't get to knit as much as I'd hoped, but I still managed to finish this month's goals.  As promised, I do have a picture of my completed pieces:




...4 beanies, 3 squares, and that green stuff on the needles at the top? Another square, just not quite finished.  I've used a few different yarns so far, my favorite is still Caron's Simply Soft.  I just love Simply Soft.  I find it easy to work with, truly soft (I don't have to bandage my fingers when I use it, unlike almost all other yarns), great colors, washes well, drapes well, is warm, and cost-effective.  Simply Soft has a lot of yards per skein so it goes a long way!  I also enjoyed working with Lily's Sugar 'n' Cream yarn.  I used it for a baby beanie and then the variegated pink square.  The drape and ease of the square pleasantly surprised me, so I'll probably find myself doing that again.  I also use this yarn for pattern dishcloths, so the difference a couple needle sizes makes in texture was rather interesting.  My unfinished green square is Impeccable.  I don't really like it, but it was 29cent clearance yarn, so I wanted to put it to good use.  I do have to bandage my fingers when working with it though, which is a pain.  My variegated preemie beanies are Bernats Baby Jaquards, which was alright to work with, although not as soft as I had initially thought.  Cute colors and lightweight though, which is a plus.  I may be buying more.

As we move into the month of February, I feel like I'm off to a good start, and hope to keep the momentum going.  I hope everyone else can too!  See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment